PEMA KHANDRO’S BIRTHDAY CELEBRATION
Every year on Pema Khandro’s birthday, the community celebrates together. This year, due to the pandemic, this event will be online we cordially invite you to join us on this special heart-felt occasion.
- White Tara practice led by Pema Khandro,
- Tsok Offering led by the Group leaders
- A talk by Pema Khandro about her life’s work
- Performances by community members
- Pema Khandro appreciation ceremony
- Fundraising for Dakini Mountain
Pema Khandro’s birthday wish is for all the proceeds to go to the Dakini Mountain Emergency Fund.
Dakini Mountain is a retreat center that Pema Khandro dreamed about for decades and now it has come to fruition but relies on your support for its continuation. Due to the temporary suspension of group retreats at Dakini Mountain as a result of the pandemic, this year’s fundraiser is more important than ever! Join us for this opportunity to celebrate Pema Khandro’s birthday, fundraise for this amazing project and practice meditation and tsok together in a vibrant Vajrayana community.
Can’t come in person but still want to support the fundraiser? Register to join anyway, your donations are greatly appreciated and a thank you card with all the list of the donors will be read at the end to Pema Khandro of the evening!
Ngondro is a series of Vajrayana meditation practices for cleansing, training and empowering the body-mind. Also known as the ‘tantric preliminaries,’ ngondro literally means ‘before going,’ referring to the training one needs to be on the path of liberation.
Ngondro also serves as the foundation for the highest practices of Tibetan Buddhism, it is the pre-requisite to Tsa-lung and Dzogchen practices. Ngondro represents the cognitive, physical, emotional and philosophical components which are keys to the practice of liberation.
Join the Ngondro Training at the first Live Webinar Class with Pema Khandro on January 24th 2022. Then get all your questions answered in the quarterly live classes with Pema Khandro.
Self Paced Classes and Webinars
with Pema Khandro
Ngondro self-paced classes and live webinars will be led by Lama Pema Khandro, scholar and teacher of Tibetan Buddhism. Khandro-la’s teachings emphasize Buddhist philosophy and practice from a trauma-informed, feminist perspective that engages tradition with the great questions of our time. Classes with Pema Khandro will be given by self-paced videos and live meetings once a quarter, with practice sessions led in between by Tsalgyur.
Led by Tsalgyur
Ngondro students can enjoy support to accomplish the accumulations with a weekly online practice group. It is optional to join with your ngondro community every Monday night in Ngondro practice led by Tsalgyur.
Also foster community through signing up for accountability partner to support each other through the journey.
About Tsal’gyur Dorje Tsalgyur has been studying with Pema Khandro since 2005. She is the Membership Co-ordinator and Registrar for the Buddhist Studies Institute, and has been on the leadership team for Ngakpa International since 2012. Tsal’gyur is a certified Yoga Instructor, Meditation Teacher, and Teaching Assistant in the school. Having danced professionally for 10 years, she now teaches ballet, yoga, and meditation in group classes and private lessons.
THANGKAS FOR SALE
The Perfect Christmas Gift!
Benefit Dakini Mountain
Benefit Your Meditation Practice
Benefit the Thangka Painters in Nepal
Several beautiful Thangkas and silk brocades were hand selected and brought to us by our good friend James Aplington (aka Thankga Jim) and the Lotus Gallery in Nepal. As a way to help develop Dakini Mountain, they will donate half of the profit of these rare Thangkas to the development of Dakini Mountain.
To request one of these Thangkas or for more information, please email Info@BuddhistStudiesInstitute.org.
UPCOMING EVENTS & OTHER NEWS
Daily & Weekly Programs
- Daily Meditation, Free Every Day at 12 PT / 3pm ET Taught by many wonderful certified Meditation Instructors!
- RESUMING IN THE NEW YEAR: Vajrayana Training, Ngakpa Training, Open Teaching, and Umdze Training – Wednesday nights 6pm PT / 9pm ET
- Dec 15, 6pm PT / 9pm ET, Pema Khandro’s Birthday Celebration
- Dec 26-29, 17th Sakyadhita Conference, Pema Khandro as Guest Presenter
January – Next Ngondro Training Cycle Begins in January!!!
- Jan 24, 2022, Ngondro Training – Module 1 The Field of Buddhas
March – Next MIT begins in March!
- Mar 26, 2022, Meditation Instructor Training Begins, Details TBA
As more details roll out for our Upcoming Events, please visit the Event List Here.
- Buddhist theories about vegetarian lifestyle vs. meat-eating,
- Buddhist perspectives on alcohol and drug use,
- Conscious use of sexual energy, Buddhist philosophy about desire
- Handling resources, money and spirituality
- Honesty, and the speech that takes us beyond confusion.